Thursday, December 16, 2010

GBBD December 2010

I'm late. I went to post for GBBD yesterday, and as I was uploading photos, Google informed me that I had reached my free photo upload limit and that I would have to pay for more uploads to Picasa. I immediately paid and tried again, but was informed that it would take 24 hours to process.

"Better late than never" as they say. But they also say "Never judge a book by its cover" which left me hugely disappointed when I bought a book with a picture of Jamie Oliver on the front assuming it was a car manual.

And don't get me started on "You can't have your cake and eat it".

Anyway, here's what I started on yesterday.

The months just fly by. It's the 15th again and thanks to May dreams gardens it's time to look over what is blooming.

To be honest, blooms are a bit thin on the ground this month as summers heat turns the plants thoughts to survival rather than beauty, but I suppose the idea is to show the changing of the seasons rather than show off only in the good times. It's nice to look around the world each 15th and see where it's winter or summer, drought or flood, and what each of us grows and cherishes.


 I'm very fond of native violets. They are tender yet prolific.






 Plumbago

 Small flowers on my Maraya.










 The white Agapanthus is almost done







 Tiny flowers have started in the Bromeliads
 Cucumber



11 comments:

BernieH said...

Fabulous collection of blooms for December ... it looks like your garden is well and truly blooming right now!

There's so many little beauties ... love the Seaside daisies, the Viola, the Cuphea, the Mandevilla,the Jasmine ... well they're all so lovely!

You're right ... better late than never! We would have missed out on a real treat otherwise.

Anonymous said...

Very entertaining intro. Very glad you posted because you have wonderful blooms and lovely images.

I am so liking that gnome. I post on gnomes often, so I take them where I can find them and your gnome is very dapper.

It is your season for blooming gardens and here in Niagara Falls we have snow and cold winds. No real blooms to speak of unless you want to see the one hundredth Christmas Cactus or African Violet.

I posted snow covered plants and today I posted Foliage Follow up with more snow cover plants.

Any way, a little humor helps on these gray and bleary days, so thank you for giving me a smile, both for your wit and the flowers I can look forward to in our Spring.

Unknown said...

Did I teach you nothing? Of course you can have cake and eat it, anyone can should they choose to do so.

It's eating your cake and still having it that is tricky.

Do get your quotations correct darling.

Paul said...

Thanks all for the nice comments, except Chele (my lovely Mum).

Yes you're right as usual. Nicely pointed out. I'm thinking that that's why 50 percent of your offspring live overseas.

I'm kidding. See you boxing day.

Roslyn said...

You have lots of beautiful flowers blooming at the moment Paul.
In case I don't catch up in the next few days, best wishes to you and your family for a great Christmas.

One said...

Happy Belated GBBD! My goodness! You do have LOTS of blooms and they are all very beautiful. Wondering why mint is there. I've been enjoying my tea with mint these days.

Appalachian Feet said...

That's some December garden!!! It's surreal seeing cucumbers and plump flower beds this time of year -- kudos for your late GBBD posting!

Chris said...

So glad to see so many beautiful flowers blooming somewhere in the world. It's decidedly winter here and sources of color are few and far between. Thanks for the reminder that spring will come again!

Tanya Boracay said...

Hi Paul,

You got a lovely garden, but i'm really scared this ugly buffy statue.

Just like to share with you a beautiful quote...

"You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life" - Albert Camus

You can get more quotes about happiness at http://www.quotelandia.com/category/Happiness

Kerri said...

You have no idea how cheering all your beautiful flowers are! I especially loved seeing the mandavillas and jasmine.
And I also enjoyed the little "Wonder Woman" garden helper. My, is she cute!
Your little nephew is too :)

HolleyGarden said...

I have enjoyed your blog and am awarding you the Stylish Bloggers award. Find out more about it at my blog if you haven't already heard of it. Congratulations.